Why YES Prep?
1. We are a top choice for Houston families. We are striving to be the school of choice for families across Houston. With a waitlist over 2,000, we are excited to serve more communities as we grow.
2. We are a public school system Redefining Possible. For students in low-income and underserved communities, YES Prep is committed to providing access to academic and social opportunities that otherwise would not exist.
4. We are mission driven. YES Prep Public schools will increase the number of students from underserved communities who graduate from college prepared to lead. We believe in every child.
5. We believe people are the source of our strength. We are committed to attracting and retaining exceptional talent through unparalleled professional growth opportunities.
6. We embrace and protect diversity to advance equity and social justice.
7. We have an in-house teacher development program. Teaching Excellence is one of the premiere teacher development programs in the country, ensuring all teachers new to YES Prep receive transformational support.
8. We reward sustained excellence. We believe teachers are professionals and that as teachers build their skills in the classroom, their salary should reflect that progress. The YES Prep Teacher Continuum exists to reward sustained excellence over time.
9. We have many leadership opportunities. Leading Excellence is our leadership development program for emerging leaders. At YES Prep there are many opportunities for leadership in the classroom and beyond. We are committed to developing our teachers as leaders in their classrooms, on their campuses, or across the system. You don’t have to leave the classroom to be a leader.
10. We have been recognized for being the “Most Outstanding Charter School in the Nation” by the Broad Foundation (2012) and we are looking for the most outstanding talent to join our mission today!